I received this machine on my bench,With commercial name of EMSIG made in china.
The problem of this AC line surge protector was not starting
to give protected AC before 6 minute, something
must be wrong inside the machine since
there was no diagram for this circuit as
general services first I re-solder all the joints then the most problematics part are e -capacitors I had
three on the board.
10 microfarad @50 volts
220 microfarad@25 volts
22 microfarad @ 16 volts
The value of 220 microfarad cap was changed to 200 micro
and ESR 148 ohm that was not good two
others were not bad enough by replacing
the cap machine start to give voltages
after 2 minute
I received a microwave from a customer who wanted it checked by a technician,
The complaints were the microwave was working well
in terms of setting time and everything but after going through the process, It
could not heat the food.
This problem from my experience it is used caused by
failure in one or more components of the high voltage circuit.
These incudes, magnetron, high voltage capacitor,
high voltage diode, High voltage fuse or high voltage transformer.
Electrical safety is of paramount importance in both workplaces and residential settings. Faulty electrical appliances and equipment can pose serious risks, including electric shocks, fires, and even fatalities. To mitigate these hazards, it is crucial to have a thorough understanding of test and tag procedures. Test and tag training plays a crucial role in equipping individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to carry out these procedures effectively, ensuring electrical safety compliance and safeguarding lives and property.
I received this microwave from a client who wanted it checked by a technician.
Initial test indicated
the machine was totally dead, I opened it and tested the power supply fuse and
found it okay.
Next, I checked the control
panel and found inductor L101 was open, I followed that line and noted it was
feeding IC100(NK364PN) and therefore suspected it could be shorted.
I received this home theater from a client who wanted it checked by a tech, I applied the power and noted there was no sign of life.
I opened up the machine and proceeded to scan the whole system, beginning with the power board and later motherboard.
I noted two capacitors with top part slightly swollen on the power supply section, usually if you get a capacitor with top part swollen it is advisable to replace it directly with testing.